Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Special Place.



I guess we all know a place that is special to us for one reason or another. These pictures are of an area that's special to me, and I think for a lot of other people too.

It's in Burlington; on a stretch of the Bruce Trail; on the Niagara Escarpment.

I may be wrong, but I believe it's threatened by a scheme called "The Mid-Peninsula Highway".

If this proposed highway does end up coming through this area to join with the existing highway 407, then we will have lost another natural treasure to the asphalt and concrete jungle.

I'll include directions with upcoming photos, so if you're in Burlington or close by, then I'll hope you'll visit it and see for yourselves.

If you want to help, then send this blogs address on to others. The more people who can see what may be lost, the better chance we've got of keeping this "Special Place" for everyone and their children too.

Click on the photos to enlarge, and key F11 for full screen view.

No comments: